The Redwood Empire Chapter Presents:
CEU Provider #PCE 2322
WHAT DOES THE LAW EXPECT OF ME: PART V
Are You Ethical? You Sure?
David Jensen, J.D. of CAMFT
Friday, February 6th, 2015
Registration: 8:30/Workshop 9:00–4:00 p.m.
Agatha Furth Center
8400 Old Redwood Highway, Windsor, CA 95472
Those who have attended David Jensen’s workshops in the past years have been unanimous in praise of his thoroughness in exploring our complex legal and ethical considerations while entertaining us as well with his humor and anecdotal material.
This workshop satisfies the Law and Ethics course requirement of 6 continuing education units mandated by the BBS for MFTs and LCSWs for each license renewal cycle. Participants will be updated on changes in laws that affect professional practice.
Lunch is included.
There will be time for networking during the sign-in and the lunch break. Feel free to bring business cards and information about your therapy practice.
$10. cancellation fee. No refunds after Feb. 5, 2015. This is a fragrance-free event.
Presentation Workbook will be provided at Event
Course Description: Dave Jensen will review the ten fundamentals of the psychotherapy profession, and he will compare and contrast key sections from the Code of Ethics of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists and the National Association of Social Workers.
This workshop is designed to help you:
- 1. Identify the ten fundamentals of practicing legally, ethically, safely and confidently.
- 2. Describe ethical conduct within the therapist-patient relationship.
- 3. Compare how confidentiality is addressed differently under law and ethical codes.
- 4. Identify what it means to be ethical in terms of personal conduct.
- 5. Describe particular ethical standards and how they relate to supervisor, student, and supervisee relationship and responsibilities.
- 6. Describe the ethical obligations that you may owe to colleagues.
- 7. Identify ethical obligations you owe to your profession.
- 8. Identify ethical obligations you owe to the legal system.
- 9. Describe the ethical standards and how they relate to your financial arrangements with your patients.
- 10. Compare and contrast the laws pertaining to advertising with the ethical standards pertaining to the same subject.
Dave Jensen has been a Staff Attorney with CAMFT since April 2002. Dave graduated from Brigham Young University with a Bachelor’s Degree in History, and he received his law degree from the Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego, California. He is also currently working on a master’s degree in English from Fort Hays State University.
Before joining CAMFT, Dave Jensen worked for Foley & Lardner, a large national law firm, where he regularly established and advised nonprofit organizations. As an attorney with CAMFT, he consults with its members regarding their legal and ethical dilemmas. He is a regular contributor to The Therapist magazine, and he gives numerous law and ethics presentations to chapters, schools, and agencies each year.