Join RECAMFT for “A Day with Dr. Rick Hanson”-This course meets the qualifications for 6 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
HEAL: Understanding and Learning to Use Simple Steps to Create Lasting Happiness...
The mind shapes the brain: neurons that fire together, wire together. Positive experiences are the main source of the neural structures underlying resilience, positive mood, feeling loved, compassion, and other inner strengths. Unfortunately, most positive experiences are wasted on the brain because it evolved a negativity bias to help our ancestors survive. It’s like Velcro for bad experiences but Teflon for good ones.
6 CEUs PCE#2322
Event Date: Friday, Oct. 2, 2015
Location: The Mary Agatha Furth Center
- Sign-in begins at 8:30 AM
- Presentation: 9 AM to 4 PM
- Lunch provided: 12 PM To 1 PM (vegetarian option)
- REGULAR registration: Sept. 11 - Oct. 1, 2015
HEAL: Understanding and using simple therapeutic steps that turn passing experiences into lasting neural resources.
Based on Dr. Hanson’s latest book, Hardwiring Happiness, this workshop will present the four simple HEAL steps that turn passing experiences into lasting neural resources. We’ll explore how to use these methods to lower anxiety and stress, lift mood, grow confidence, calm, and contentment, and fundamentally, hardwire happiness into the brain.
At the completion of this conference, attendees will be able to:
- Describe why the brain evolved a negativity bias.
- Teach clients the four HEAL steps of deliberately internalizing positive experiences.
- Adapt the HEAL steps for clients who are children or have trauma.
- Describe the three fundamental ways to engage the mind.
- Explain why most beneficial experiences are wasted on the brain.
- Describe the two stages of emotional learning.
- Name the four steps for internalizing positive experiences, using the acronym HEAL.
Rick Hanson, PhD, is a psychologist, Senior Fellow of the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley, and New York Times best-selling author.
His books include Hardwiring Happiness, Buddha’s Brain, Just One Thing, and Mother Nurture. Founder of the Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom.
Dr. Hanson has been an invited speaker at Oxford, Stanford, and Harvard, and taught in meditation centers worldwide. He has several audio programs; his free Just One Thing newsletter has 100,000 subscribers, and his yearlong program on positive neuroplasticity - the Foundations of Well-Being - is now available as an eCourse.