2019 LAW & ETHICS
"The Psychotherapist as Creator of Outcomes"
David Jensen, JD
CAMFT Staff Attorney
Friday, Jan. 25, 2019, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Furth Center, Windsor, CA - map
6 CEs for LMFTs, LPCCs, LCSWs & LEPs
Those who have attended David Jensen’s workshops in past years have been unanimous in praise of his thoroughness in exploring our complex legal and ethical considerations, while entertaining us with his humor and anecdotal material.
Whether they realize it or not, psychotherapists are creators of legal and ethical outcomes, whether for good or for ill. In this workshop, Dave Jensen, JD will instruct attendees on the ten principles that can be applied to help psychotherapists create legal and ethical outcomes, not illegal or unethical ones. This workshop will also spend a significant amount of time reviewing laws and cases concerning patients who are dangerous to third parties, and it will review in detail an actual BBS administrative law proceeding.
There will be time for networking during the sign-in and the lunch break. Feel free to bring business cards and information about your therapy practice.
This workshop is designed to help you:
1. Identify the ten fundamentals of practicing legally, ethically, safely, and confidently.
2. Recognize three differences between the duty to warn, the duty to protect, and the duty to report.
3. Describe three aspects of a clinician’s credibility as a psychotherapist.
4. List four hallmarks of thorough Tarasoff evaluation.
This workshop satisfies the Law and Ethics course requirement of six (6) continuing education units mandated by the BBS for LMFTs, LPCCs, LCSWs and LEPs for each license renewal cycle. Participants will be updated on changes in the law that
affect professional practice.
RECAMFT CE Provider #57173
6 CEs for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, LEPs
Lunch is included.
Mary Agatha Furth Center
8400 Old Redwood Highway,
Windsor, CA 95492
RECAMFT is very grateful to this year's sponsors who will have tables at this event. We welcome and thank Ashly Thompson (ph. 415-688-0240) and Treatment Placement Specialists for being our Grand Sponsor again this year.
Grand Sponsor ($2500)
Many thanks to Paradigm San Francisco: Teen Treatment Center for claiming our Platinum Sponsorship ($1500)!
Platinum Sponsor ($1500)
Once again, Simple Practice has joined our community as our Gold Sponsor ($1000) - thanks so much! We welcome Recovery Ways as our newest Gold Sponsor - thank you!
Gold Sponsors ($1000)
To learn more about becoming a RECAMFT Community Sponsor, please visit our Sponsorship page, and RECAMFT Salutes. Sponsors help RECAMFT carry out our valuable wildfire recovery efforts. We love our sponsor partners!
Redwood Empire Chapter CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. Redwood Empire Chapter CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Disability Accommodation: To request an accommodation for a disability, please email email@example.com.
- Refunds: $10 cancellation fee for refunds requested up to 30 days before the event. No refunds are given beginning 29 days prior to the event.
- CE Certificate: You must stay for the entire meeting, sign in and out and complete an evaluation to receive your CE credit certificate. At the conclusion of this educational event, an email with a link to the evaluation form will be sent to all attendees who signed in AND out of the event. Once you complete and submit your evaluation, you will have immediate access and be able to print your CE Certificate. Course meets the qualifications for 6 hrs of continuing education (CE) credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Grievances: direct grievances to firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or the chapter president at email@example.com.