Are you wondering how to provide comfort and psychological first aid to citizens affected by the NorCal wildfires?
What if you have been affected?
Do you need some training/guidance/a refresher in how to provide disaster response?
RECAMFT is proud to present Critical Incident Expert
"Brief disaster response training for helping professionals: Facilitating recovery and resilience for people impacted by the NorCal wildfires"
In this two hour session, you will learn how to do the following:
- Make a connection and create an empathic bridge
- Listen and "triage"
- Give realistic reassurance and normalize
- Encourage resilience and coping skills
- Help people connect with appropriate resources & wrap up the conversation
- What NOT to say or do
- How to recognize the difference between normal and abnormal reactions to disaster
- How to separate your trauma from the person you are serving
This training will be offered on two occasions. Please register for the date you wish to attend. This registration form will pre-register you for the event on Thur., Oct. 19, 2017, 7-9 pm. If you wish to register for the event on Sat., Oct. 21, 2017, 8:30-10:30 am, click back to the event list, and register for the Saturday event.
- Where: Church of the Incarnation, downtown Santa Rosa
- Address: 550 Mendocino Ave., between 10th and Cherry St.
- Park: Garage is located at 521 7th St., between Mendocino and B St. Map here.
- Date: Thur., Oct. 19, 2017
- Time: 7 - 9 pm
- For: Any helping professional including mental health (LMFTs, LPCCs, LCSWs, psychologists, interns), medical health (MDs, DOs, RNs, ENTs), lawyers, insurance professionals, teachers, school personnel, housing assistance staff, first responders, accountants, etc. If you will be working with people who were affected by the fires, please come.
- Cost: FREE!
- CEUs: 2 CEUs for LMFTs, LPCCs, LCSWs, and LEPs. See details below.
Note: After this event, there will be a community event in the same place on Sat., 10/21 from 11 am to 4 pm, to allow citizens to come and debrief with a counselor. Once you have taken one of these two trainings, you are invited to come to the community event, and serve doing debriefing with members of the community.
RECAMFT is sponsoring this free event as a benefit for the helping professionals serving our community. Refreshments offered. Please join us!
Disability Accommodation: To request an accommodation for a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CEU Certificate: You must stay for the entire meeting to receive your certificate. If you have signed IN and OUT of the course, you will receive an email with a link to the course evaluation. Once you complete the evaluation, the CE Certificate will open. If you do not immediately see the certificate, check your downloads folder. Fill in your name and license number on the certificate, and right click on it to save it to your own computer. Course meets the qualifications for 2.0 hrs of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
CEUs are free for this event.
Grievances: direct grievances to email@example.com, and/or the chapter president at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you received notice of this event in an email, please feel free to forward to interested parties. More info: http://recamft.org. Questions? email@example.com.