Be ready to help Sonoma County recover by getting full required training to participate in the Wildfire Mental Health Collaborative!
Skills for Psychological Recovery (SPR) Training: An extension of Psychological First Aid, Wildfire Mental Health Training
With esteemed presenters:
- Dr. Patricia Watson, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, National Center for PTSD
- Dr. Joe Ruzek, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, National Center for PTSD, & Stanford University
Skills for Psychological Recovery (SPR) is an intervention that aims to help survivors gain skills to manage distress and cope with post-disaster stress and adversity. It utilizes simplified skills-building components from evidence-based mental health treatments that have been found helpful in a variety of post-trauma situations. This SPR training will train practitioners to assist moderately-distressed fire survivors in effectively using these skills. These SPR skills include: Problem Solving, Helpful Thinking, Building Healthy Social Connections, Positive Activity Scheduling and Managing Reactions.
Our directive is to help communities of fire survivors identify their most pressing current needs and concerns and teach and support them as they develop skills to address those needs.
Note: Practitioners who complete the 12-hour training will be eligible to offer SPR through the Healthcare Foundation of Northern Sonoma County, Wildfire Mental Health Collaborative. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country
- 170 Railroad St., Santa Rosa, CA 95401
- $40 fee includes box lunch both days and
- 12 CEs for psychologists, RNs (provided by Redwood Psychological Association), or
- 12 CEs for LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, LCSWs (and associates) provided by RECAMFT.org.
- PDF flyer here. Please forward to interested parties.
Presenters: Drs. Ruzek and Watson are nationally-acclaimed PTSD experts, authors, educators and clinical psychologists focusing on disaster-behavioral-health interventions, disaster-mental-health, early intervention, and resilience. They have authored numerous evidence-based research articles, toolkits, and courses related to burnout and secondary traumatic stress, provider resilience, disaster mental health, assessment of PTSD, and anger- and sleep-management. Each serve as experts on numerous national committees, boards, organizations, and special-interest groups related to PTSD.
For more information, visit: https://healthcarefoundation.net/category/mental-health-collaborative/
Course Description: Skills for Psychological Recovery (SPR) is an intervention that aims to help survivors gain skills to manage distress and cope with post-disaster stress and adversity. It utilizes simplified skills-building components from evidence-based mental health treatments that have been found helpful in a variety of post- trauma situations. This SPR training will train practitioners to assist moderately-distressed fire survivors in effectively using these skills. These SPR skills include: Problem Solving, Helpful Thinking, Building Healthy Social Connections, Positive Activity Scheduling and Managing Reactions.
After training, participants will be able to do the following:
- Describe the range of Skills for Psychological Recovery
- Define the background and overview of Skills for Psychological Recovery core actions and strategies
- List the client needs that would match each skill
- Demonstrate introducing Skills for Psychological Recovery to a client
- Describe the Problem Solving and Positive Activities Scheduling Skills
- Explain the rationale for the Problem Solving and Positive Activities Scheduling Skills
- Describe the Managing Reactions and Helpful Thinking Skills
- Explain the rationale for the Managing Reactions and Helpful Thinking Skills
- List the key components of the Rebuilding Social Connections Skill
- Explain the rationale for the Rebuilding Social Connections Skill
- Demonstrate each of the Skills for Psychological Recovery in case scenarios.
Training sponsored by
Healthcare Foundation Northern Sonoma County
In partnership with the
Wildfire Mental Health Collaborative:
Redwood Psychological Association and RECAMFT.org
Redwood Empire Chapter of California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists - RECAMFT.org - is CAMFT CE Provider #57173. This course offers 12 CEs for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. Students, Trainees, Associates, Interns welcome. Lunch is included. Vegetarian options available. Register and pay online at http://recamft.org.
Psychologists and RNs should register at Redwood Psychological Association, unless you are a member of RECAMFT.
● $40 Licensed RECAMFT members
● $40 Licensed members of other CAMFT chapters
● $40 Prelicensed RECAMFT members
● $40 Prelicensed members of other CAMFT chapters
● $40 for non-members of RECAMFT or CAMFT Chapters
Disability Accommodation: To request an accommodation for a disability, please email email@example.com.
CE Certificate: There is NO PARTIAL CREDIT. You must stay for the entire meeting on both days, sign in and out and complete an evaluation to receive your CE credit certificate. At the conclusion of this educational event, an email with a link to the evaluation form will be sent to all attendees who signed in AND out of the event. Once you complete and submit your evaluation, you will have immediate access and be able to print out your CE Certificate. Course meets the qualifications for 12 hrs of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
The California Psychological Association (CPA) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists and RNs. CPA will be co-sponsoring this event with the Redwood Psychological Association. CPA maintains responsibility for this program and its content. The BBS also recognizes CPA CE credit for their licensees.
Grievances: direct grievances to firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or the chapter president at email@example.com.
Please remember to arrive no later than 8:15 am to sign in.
No refunds or cancellations will be given.