Don't miss California's newly mandated 6 CE workshop! Yes, you need this even if you are licensed and had it in school.
Assessment, and Intervention:
With Dr. Benjamin Caldwell, PsyD, LMFT
- Speaker/author Ben Caldwell, PsyD, LMFT
- Friday, September 27, 2019
- 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Agatha Furth Center, Windsor, CA - map
- 6 CEs for LMFTs, LPCCs, LCSWs & LEPs
- Lunch/snacks included!
- Register here.
This workshop meets the new Suicide Prevention CE requirement for LMFTs, LCSWs, LEPs and LPCCs per Assembly Bill 1436 mandated by the State of California and the BBS.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify two recent research findings in suicide that are causing clinicians to re-evaluate their assessment and intervention procedures.
- Integrate two recent changes in preferred language around suicide.
- Identify three current trends in suicidality.
- Identify five risk factors for suicide.
- Explain the difference between absolute risk and relative risk for suicide, and how this impacts suicide intervention strategies.
- Describe their responsibilities under California law related to terminally ill clients considering death by suicide.
There will be time for networking during the sign-in and the lunch break. Feel free to bring business cards and information about your therapy practice.
- Mary Agatha Furth Center
- 8400 Old Redwood Highway,
- Windsor, CA 95492
- Map here.
- Lunch is included. Vegetarian and vegan alternatives available.
About our speaker
Benjamin Caldwell, PsyD, LMFT is a California Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT 42723). He currently serves as adjunct faculty for California State University Northridge in Los Angeles and as Education Director for SimplePractice Learning. He is the author of several books, including Basics of California Law for LMFTs, LPCCs, and LCSWs, and Saving Psychotherapy. He has served on the AAMFT Ethics Committee, and for several years as Chair of the Legislative and Advocacy Committee for AAMFT-California.
RECAMFT is very grateful to our sponsors who will have tables at this event.
Thank you so much to Paradigm San Francisco, who welcomed the opportunity to be our Grand Sponsor! Paradigm SF is a teen treatment center who treats addiction and mental illness, including bipolar disorder, suicide/depression and eating disorders. Their number is 866-298-8364.
Grand Sponsor ($2500)
We welcome and thank Dr. Bob Casanova, LMFT and Rosa Toral, LMFT (ph. 707-544-7000) as our Platinum Sponsor! Bob and Rosa provide educational and therapeutic placement and consulting to parents and teens.
Platinum Sponsor ($1500)
To learn more about becoming a RECAMFT Community Sponsor, please visit our Sponsorship page, and RECAMFT Salutes. Sponsors help RECAMFT carry out our valuable education and recovery efforts. We love our sponsor partners!
Disability Accommodation: To request an accommodation for a disability, please email email@example.com.
CE Certificate: You must stay for the entire meeting, sign in and out and complete an evaluation to receive your CE credit certificate. At the conclusion of this educational event, an email with a link to the evaluation form will be sent to all attendees who signed in AND out of the event. Once you complete and submit your evaluation, you will have immediate access and be able to print your CE Certificate. Course meets the qualifications for 6 hrs of continuing education (CE) credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Grievances: Direct grievances to firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or the chapter president at email@example.com.
RECAMFT.org is a CAMFT Approved Continuing Education Provider. Our License number is 57173.