"Brainspotting: Trauma Therapy that Works!"
Lisa Larson, LMFT
- Friday, January 8, 2021
- 10:30 am - 1:45 pm
- Zoom Webinar
- 3 CEUs
"Brainspotting" is a powerful, brain-based trauma therapy that accesses the deepest regions of the brain where clients store their traumatic experiences and survival terror. This access to the limbic system and brainstem allows deep transformation to occur. It works by identifying, processing and releasing core neurophysiological sources of emotional and body pain, trauma, dissociation, terror, flashbacks, panic, and other challenging symptoms. Symptoms of unprocessed trauma, which include chronic anxiety, insomnia, and numbing, are notoriously difficult to eliminate through talk therapy. This is because the brain becomes overwhelmed and is unable to process verbal information about the traumatic events.
"Brainspotting" was voted the most effective trauma treatment by the parents and survivors of the Sandy Hook massacre after a five-year study by the Sandy Hook Foundation comparing over 25 therapeutic modalities. The parents rated it first in its effectiveness in treating the traumatic loss of their young children.
This presentation teaches participants to metrically measure the efficacy of each session with their clients so it is very clear if the client is benefiting from the treatment. It also will help the attendees stay abreast of the most recent brain-based breakthroughs in treating clients with PTSD. This presentation underscores principles of complete non-judgment and compassion for each and every client. It also encourages the therapist to follow the client, rather than lead.
1. Understand the core components of Brainspotting including how to apply Brainspotting to Trauma, Dissociation, Anxiety, Performance Anxiety, Somatic Conditions, Addiction and Self Loathing.
2. Demonstrate the theories and practices of Brainspotting.
3. Understand how this powerful modality can integrate into your current practice and increase your effectiveness with this challenging population.
*Please note that once you have RSVP'd for this event you will receive a link to register for the Zoom Webinar. You must complete this second step to gain access to the event link.
About Lisa Larson, LMFT Lisa Larson
has been a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist for the past twenty years. Lisa is an expert in trauma therapy. She was certified in EMDR therapy and is a Certified Brainspotting Therapist
, Consultant, and Trainer on the West Coast.
Zoom Webinar - please make sure you register to the webinar with the link provided in your confirmation email.
Redwood Empire Chapter CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. Redwood Empire Chapter CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Disability Accommodation: To request an accommodation for a disability, please email email@example.com.
- Refunds: $10 cancellation fee for refunds requested up to 30 days before the event. No refunds are given beginning 29 days prior to the event. If a member cannot attend the event, due to a mandatory evacuation or Public Safety Power Shut-off the day of the event, they can request and receive a refund with verification of address.
- CE Certificate: You must attend the entire presentation and complete a post test and an evaluation to receive your CE credit certificate. At the conclusion of this educational event, after confirming attendance, an email with a link to the test and evaluation form will be sent to all attendees who attended the online event. Once you complete and submit your evaluation, you will have immediate access and be able to print or save your CE Certificate. This course meets the qualifications for 3.0 hrs of continuing education (CE) credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Grievances: direct grievances to firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or the chapter president at email@example.com.