RECAMFT's 3000 Hour Club presents
Dr. Laura Strom, PsyD, LMFT
"Using Assessment Tools to Improve Patient Care Coordination", first hour.
Group discussion available in the second hour.
Our Prelicensed Members. Students, Trainees and Associates are all welcome!!
Due to the rain and flu/COVID/RSV spikes,
RECAMFT's 3000 Hour Club for Prelicensed Members will meet on Zoom for Jan, Feb and March 2023 and feature a different speaker each time.
Friday, Jan. 6th, 2023
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Your hosts: Jessica Heaney, AMFT and Debbie Melmon, LMFT.
Your prelicensed event
Using assessment instruments in diagnosis and treatment is essential to providing good care that meets the standards for reimbursement of care, or to qualify for benefit programs. Dr. Strom will teach us about some essential assessments available at no cost that should be used with your clients to provide better care.
1. Understand how, when and why to use assessment instruments when planning patient/client care.
2. Know how to use a minimum of 3 assessment tools to improve patient/client care.
Dr. Laura Strom, PsyD, LMFT spent five years working for Stanford in a clinical research trial of Cue-Centered Therapy for trauma. Assessment was an important part of her work as a trauma therapist in this program. Dr. Strom uses assessments regularly in her work with traumatized and/or disabled persons. She has a private practice online and in her Santa Rosa office. Dr. Strom has served as CAMFT's 2015-'16 President, and as the president of the local Redwood Empire Chapter three times.
Feb. 3rd - Gina Culver, LMFT "Working with Psychosis"
Mar. 3rd - Randy Cheek, LMFT "Understanding Collaborative Divorce"
Coordinated by RECAMFT Prelicensed Director at Large Jessica Heaney, AMFT and RECAMFT Outreach Chair Debbie Melmon, LMFT.
Register online here
Once RECAMFT registration is confirmed, you will receive an email confirmation with the Zoom link (or for in-person events, the location information). If you do not receive it, please contact us at email@example.com.Important notes
- The 3000 Hour Club meets on the first Friday of the month from January-June and September-December.
- Register for each event separately
- This group is not supervision nor a replacement for supervision. Members are asked to bring all legal and ethical issues, as well as challenging cases and topics that may arise at any 3000-Hour Club activities, to their supervisors for discussion and treatment planning.
- During the discussion portion: Specific names as well as identifying features of clients will not be used or discussed. We will practice active listening and effective communication skills, refrain from advice giving and cross-talk, and encourage inquiry and input from our own experiences.
- No CEs available from attendance at pre-licensed events and no "credit" is available.
- This event will not be recorded. If you'd like to hear the presentation, please plan to join us for the "live" talk on Zoom on the day of the event.
Help us spread the word to other pre-licensed folks!
Please share this link with others:
Event coordinators can be reached at RECAMFTPreLicensed@gmail.com
Upcoming 2023 Dates
Find more events here.
Redwood Empire Chapter CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. Redwood Empire Chapter CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.