Attachment Infused Addiction Treatment
Mary Crocker Cook, PhD, LMFT
Friday, Jan. 5th, 2024
12:00 pm - 2:15 pm
Zoom, 2.0 CEs
The Attachment Infused Addiction Treatment model, developed by Mary Crocker Cook, is based on a simple proposal: individuals develop a secure attachment to substances to self-soothe in the absence of adults who cannot see and hear us accurately. While the use of substances is a reliable strategy that makes sense to the user, addiction hijacks the individual’s ability to form effective self-regulation skills and utilize support to achieve long-term sobriety.
Participants take a deep-dive into the Attachment Infused Addiction Treatment (AIAT) Model via a clinical case review illustrating the strengths and challenges of this innovative approach. The model targets relapsing clients unsuccessful in treatment due to disrupted early attachment.
This training covers impact of attachment style on substance use disorder through Attachment Infused Addiction Treatment (AIAT), including the psychoeducational model that accompanies and supports the AIAT approach with an eye towards implementation with relapsing clients. Participants will identify strengths and impediments in application of this approach via the use of a clinical case study.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify 3 points of attachment style impact on developing effective social support in long-term recovery.
- Examine 3 assessment tools in interventions used in developing an effective treatment plan for substance abusers in early recovery.
RSVP here. Please note that once you have RSVP'd for this event, you will receive a link to register for the Zoom Meeting. You must complete this second Zoom-registration step to gain access to the event link.
Training Schedule and Attendance Requirements
Please note, this is a 2.0-CE training, comprised of two hours of training plus time for RECAMFT announcements in the meeting. You must be logged on at the beginning of the training, be present during the event (including responding to attendance checks by coming on camera, verbally replying, and/or replying in the chat), and stay logged on for the full duration, to end at 2:15 pm, in order to earn the CEs. If your camera is off the entire time, and RECAMFT cannot verify you were physically present at your computer throughout the training, then RECAMFT cannot issue a CE certificate, as we would not be able to show that the BBS requirements for your participation were met.
About Our Speaker - Mary Crocker Cook, PhD
Mary Crocker Cook, Ph.D., D.Min., LMFT, LAADC developed and is the Program Coordinator for the San Jose City College Alcohol and Drug Studies Program. She is co-owner of Connections Counseling Associates, and is the Clinical Director for the AIAT Attachment Infused Addiction Treatment Program. She has been working in alcohol and drug treatment for over 30 years, and is the author of Awakening Hope. A Developmental, Behavioral, Biological Approach to Codependency Treatment, Afraid to Let Go. For Parents of Adult Addicts, and Codependency and Men, which can be found at www. MaryCrockerCookBooks.com. She provides training both nationally and internationally on addiction and codependency.
Zoom Meeting. Requires pre-registration with Zoom; please make sure you register with Zoom with the link provided in your RECAMFT confirmation email.
Video Recording and On-Demand Option
RECAMFT plans to record this event, to make it available as an on-demand CE-earning program, barring any unforeseen technical or production issues. The on-demand version would be available for free to RECAMFT members, and for purchase by non-members. (Please note, access to our on-demand programs is a benefit of RECAMFT membership only and is not part of the reciprocal benefits extended to Marin CAMFT members.)
For non-RECAMFT members: Please do not register for this "live" Zoom event if you are only interested in accessing the on-demand version. If you pay to register this "live" event, you are registering for this event only; on-demand access is not included. If you later decide you would rather do the on-demand program and not attend "live", then you would need to cancel your registration for this "live" event per the refund policy below. If you register for this training under one of the paid registration options, and do not attend, and later ask to get access to the on-demand program, there will be a $10 administrative fee to cover RECAMFT's costs in setting up access to that separate program.
Redwood Empire Chapter CAMFT (Provider #57173) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. Redwood Empire Chapter CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Disability Accommodation: To request an accommodation for a disability, please email email@example.com.
- Refunds: Refunds may be requested up to 7 days before the event by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds are given beginning 7 days prior to the event. If a member cannot attend the event due to a mandatory evacuation or Public Safety Power Shut-off the day of the event, they can request and receive a refund with verification of address.
- CE Certificate: You must be physically present at your computer and watching and/or listening to the training while logged onto the zoom meeting for the entire presentation, and complete a post test and an evaluation to receive your CE credit certificate. At the conclusion of this educational event, after confirming attendance, an email with a link to the test and evaluation form will be sent to all attendees whose physical attendance during the online meeting is verified. Once you complete and submit your evaluation, you will have immediate access and be able to print or save your CE Certificate. This course meets the qualifications for 2.0 hrs of continuing education (CE) credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Notice of Recording: Whenever possible, our CE events are recorded or filmed and may appear on our website. Your participation in this event by registering and attending indicates your approval for your likeness to appear in the recording, if any.
- Grievances: Direct grievances to email@example.com, and/or the chapter president at firstname.lastname@example.org.